Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 2 in Hong Kong: Brothers and Sisters around the World!

Today was so full...it deserves sharing more than a facebook post.
It was no coincidence that today we began our day at Calvary Church-Hong Kong.


 Have I mentioned that God provides?!  It is a bit of a story of how we found Calvary Church but as soon as we stepped through the doors, we knew God had provided a church family for us to worship with, learn, and encourage.  We were greeted by a friendly body of believers who made us right at home.  Quickly, we joined into vocal worship with these lyrics "Forever God is faithful.  Forever God is strong.  Forever God is with us. Forever, forever."  Tears were streaming down my face.  Yes, God is faithful!  He has brought us here, to Hong Kong, to a body of believers, to this amazing & crazy adventure we are on.  AND, He will continue to be here.  Highs and lows, victories and challenges, joy and frustration.....God is faithful!  Next we sang a song by Hillsong, "Reaching for You" with these words:

"I stand here before You in wide opened wonder
Amazed at the glory of You
The power of heaven revealing Your purpose in me
As I'm reaching for You

I can't believe the way Your love has got a hold on me
Each morning I wake to find You near
You lift me above my fears and set my feet on solid ground"


Oh wow!  Over and over I am awestruck at how our Heavenly Father provides what we need in each step of life.  These words spoke right to our current moment.  Only the power of heaven can create a family from two different continents, two different cultures, two inadequate believers, strangers.

Our uplifting worship was followed with a time of communion.  How sweet it was to partake with brothers and sisters in Hong Kong.  If you are not a part of a church family, visit a church Sunday.  Ask those around you about what church they attend.  There is something so sweet, so powerful, so treasured when you KNOW that you have family in Christ wherever you go.  

Our service ended with a message from the youth minister, Raymond.  His message was challenging, focusing on the idea, "Are you  M.A.D?"  Challenging us to Make A Decision to follow Christ and then Make A Difference.  He challenged us to study God's Word so that we have knowledge and wisdom to be difference makers.  Wow.  Was The Lord ever speaking to our hearts and minds today? Follow Him.  He will lead you exactly where you need to be! Amazing.

After service we enjoyed time visiting with many members of the church.  I found myself thinking, "I hope I get to worship with them again.  Oh wait, I do!  Either again in HK or in eternity.  Awesome!" Right before we left, Raymond stopped and prayed with Travis and I.  Tears again.  Raymond did not know our journey.  He did not know all the emotions and thoughts running through our hearts and minds but again God provided.  We praise God for Calvary Church and the believers in Hong Kong!

After our time at Calvary Church, we headed on an adventure to find Stanley Market.  Travis and I are staying on the mainland Hong Kong.  This afternoon we traveled via a double decker bus to Hong Kong Island.  Whew!  It was one wild ride!  Imagine driving as fast as possible, winding through narrow roads on the edge of an island, with thousands of other vehicles trying to travel the same path, and making 90 degree turns all from the view of a double decker bus.


 What fun!  We were able to see very different parts of HK.....poverty, wealth, homes stacked on top of each other, fishermen's homes, skyscrapers, mountains, and beaches.  Yes.  Hong Kong is diverse!  At Stanley Market, we walked a boardwalk, walked the beach, visited another open air market and had dinner on the beach.  It was beautiful.


As the day has wound down, we are quiet with the awareness that 12 hours from now we will be with our second son.  The thought takes my breath away.  So many wonders......so much excitement........so much love!  I pray that The Lord has softened Brody's heart so that he might be receptive to our love. I pray that we will have the wisdom and tenderness to adequately express our love to Brody in a way that he can absorb.  Thank you dear friends for you prayers!  We feel great strength and peace that we know is from The Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment