Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What? We don't look alike?!?

Sometimes I look at Brody and can hardly remember our family before his addition.  There are times that it feels he has always been ours. I'll be honest, in my heart I forget that we do not look alike because in my heart he is part of me.  When I notice people's second glances, THEN I remember Brody was not born of my womb.  BUT,  then there are moments when I look at Brody and wonder how did we arrive here. I am amazed by God's provision.  When I stop to think about our little boy's life on the other side of the world just a few months ago, it is amazing that he is here now and learning all things American. 


I'll be honest.  The other day I received in the mail a physician's note from one of Brody's recent appointments.  As I read the doctor's note, it frequently referred to me as his adoptive mother.  Please don't get me wrong.  I was not offended but more surprised.  My mind had to reread those words several times and remind myself, "Oh yeah, he has not always been in my arms." 


Now this might all sound crazy to you, but hear me out.  I am aware that Brody has darker skin than me, darker hair than me, and might not have my eyes but believe me, Brody is SO much like his Mommy and Daddy.

The more time you spend with him, you will see that we actually look so much alike.  You will see that he is stubborn like his Daddy (or is it Mommy?).


You will see that he likes things neat, clean, and tidy like his Mommy.


 You will see that he likes to make others laugh just like his Daddy.


You will see how he mimics his brother and sister's mannerisms.



You will see how he has the Hurley look (if you have ever seen this look, I am sorry!)


It has only been ten months but oh how he is growing in our image.  Please help us Father, that our image might be your image! Amen.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, you captured "the LOOK"...We are so thankful he is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you captured "the LOOK"...We are so thankful he is yours!

    ReplyDelete