Friday, August 22, 2014

Cake, ice cream & a family!

This was written July 18, 2014....just a little late posting:)

Wednesday we celebrated a very special day.....Brody's second birthday!!!  It was a day filled with joy, laughter, playtime , cake, and ice cream!  At first I wasn't sure if Brody understood that it was his special day, but once he saw his completed birthday cake, he knew!  Brody sat at the kitchen counter talking and singing to his cake.  He did not want to leave his cake and cried when I made him get down from his seat near his cake.


This boy loves to eat!!!  We had a nice family lunch, followed by presents.  The first present Brody opened was a boy baby doll....he lit up and showed each of us his gift.  Each one had to give baby doll a hug and kiss.  I don't think Brody cared to open any more gifts.  After presents, we had cake and ice cream.  The joy and sparkle on Brody's face as we sang "Happy birthday" to him was priceless!  We showed him how to blow out his 2 candles and he did it!  Our day ended with church and then home for more cake and ice cream.  I wonder if Brody is thinking, "Cake, ice cream, and a family....what more do I need?!"  What a special day!


I have been thinking about this date all week long.  I can't help but think about another mother who likely has this date etched in her mind.  I wonder if she feels peace.  I wonder if she is well.  I wonder if she is wondering about her baby boy.  I pray for this special mother.  I thank God that she chose life for our son.  I thank God that she sought help for our son.  I pray that she will know peace that can only come from our Heavenly Father.  I wish that I could tell her how special our son is.  I wish that I could comfort her and encourage her.  I pray that she knows the love of Christ in her life.


What a special day, July 16, 2012, the day Brody was born on the other side of the world.  Then, May 21, 2014, the day Brody became ours forever.  Both dates, written in my mind, special, part of God's plan for our little guy.  Happy birthday, Brody Lawrence!!!  May you always know the love of your Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment