Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fingerprints, Fear & Faith!

From my personal journal on October 3, 2013:



Well, today I learned I have "fat fingerprints"!  Yep! Straight from the officer's mouth.  Travis and I traveled to Greer, South Carolina, for our immigration fingerprinting.  We had a nice trip just visiting together as we drove 2.5 hours one direction.  Fingerprinting took very little time.  Travis was done in 5 minutes.  Mine took at least 15 minutes.  The official said I was very difficult to fingerprint because my prints start and end at my fingernails.  He worked very hard to get good prints.....I sure hope he did!


We have learned so much on our adoption journey.  I am enjoying the knowledge gained, the exercise in trusting God more, and the like-minded goal for Travis and I.


Every once in awhile, the fear creeps in and I wonder many things.  Things like how will we afford life after adoption--medical bills, higher insurance premiums, less work for me--, how will the children adjust to each other, what therapies/surgeries will Lawrence need, am I equipped to meet all my children's needs????  And the questions can go on and on.  BUT, I make a choice.  I choose to push the worry aside and trust.  "Trust and obey for there's no other way...."  The Lord has clearly brought us this far.....I know He will continue to meet our needs.


Psalm 37:3-6
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and HE will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."
Praise HIM!  Thank you Lord, for being my peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment